CSR: the focus on sustainability
QolorTech takes corporate social responsibility (CSR) seriously and whenever possible acts to work in a sustainable fashion. That applies not just to its internal business operations. We also strive to implement sustainable initiatives and solutions with suppliers and customers.
Here are just a few examples of sustainable initiatives:
- Since 1 January 2014, QolorTech has only been using green energy which is sustainably generated by wind, solar or water power.
- As part of our corporate social responsibility vision, QolorTech collaborates with the Nieuwe generatie Denkkracht project, a knowledge-sharing programme that aims to bring together schools and the business community. At the RSG Noord Oost Veluwe school in Epe, for example, final year pupils have been working with QolorTech on issues of sustainability. How can we recycle plastics more effectively and how do we convince the market that this is both possible and necessary?
- To facilitate the recycling of plastics, as much as possible, the pigments and additives we use are easier to recycle and/or can be processed in a more environmentally friendly way.
- QolorTech has focused much attention on developing masterbatches which can be used to enhance the colour and the quality of plastics that have already been recycled.
- Since 2014, QolorTech has been using its freight-forwarding company, Rotra, to transport its goods in a climate-neutral fashion. To compensate for its carbon emissions, Rotra has been investing in renewable energy projects certified by the Climate Neutral Group. To this end, QolorTech pays a small fee over and above the shipping charge which is transferred by Rotra to the Climate Neutral Group. So, in 2105, QolorTech contributed towards compensation for the emission of 318 tons of CO2